Salary £1,500 per season (57 hours total)
Location Armitage Sports Centre, Fallowfield, Manchester
Contract type Fixed Term (Part time)
Closing date 12 July 2019
Location Armitage Sports Centre + Burnage Rugby Club, Greater Manchester
Hours Wednesday 8-10PM + Sunday 3-5pm + Fixtures (Approx 60 Hours)
Starting Date September 2019
The post holder will deliver quality coaching, management, organising, delivering and monitoring performance to the University of Manchester’s American Football Club and increase their performance in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS). This role will primarily be responsible for the coaching and management of the 1st team who will be competing in 2A North in the 2019/20 season. The team trains twice a week at the Armitage Centre and play 10-12 league/Cup fixtures between October and March.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver an effective coaching programme that helps improve the performance and experience of playing members and the American Football Club
• Lead sessions, oversee all coaching of the club including delegation tasks to additional volunteer coaches where appropriate.
• Attend and manage the team at all BUCS Fixtures & the Christie Championships.
• Assist the Club and team captains (and other coaches where appropriate) to select playing squads and maintain transparent selection processes and pathways among the squad. This will require attendance at trials.
• Assist in recruiting students to engage with coaching opportunities, providing opportunities where appropriate to coach within the club.
• Mentor other coaches within the club, and offer support where appropriate to members who wish to undertake coaching qualifications or opportunities within the Coaching Pathway.
• Provide regular information and status reports, as agreed with the Coach and Club Development Coordinator, on team and club performance and progress.
• Record player attendance at all training sessions and games.
• Work closely with the Club & Coach Development Coordinator and committee members to assist with the development of the American Football club at The University of Manchester.
• To ensure all sessions comply with Health and Safety.
• To work within an equal opportunities framework.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter (Max 500 words) to: [email protected].
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact James Plowright on the contact details listed above.